What do you do as divorce coach?
- I empower, support, inform, and inspire you to create a divorce plan that will accelerate you through this difficult process.
- I work with you from the contemplation stage through completion of your divorce process so you arrive at a sustainable resolution while preserving what matters most: your health, wealth, and key relationships.
- I decipher the language of the law and help guide the choices that will move you forward.
- I ensure you have access to trusted experts, lawyers, and mediators as you need them to achieve a timely, fair, and sustainable result.
- I help you build a team and work collaboratively with them to ensure your individual needs are not only met but exceeded so you can extract the lessons divorce will teach you and thrive again.
Where do you coach?
- I coach across North America by phone or Skype. All you need is access to a confidential phone line or Internet.
- I live in Southern California and am always open to meeting in person should that be a convenient option for you.
I see you are a lawyer; do you give legal advice?
- I do not give legal advice as I am no longer a licensed practitioner.
- I do bring a legally-trained mind and a mediator’s collaborative training to my coaching, which means I ensure you are asking the right questions, accumulating and organizing the necessary documentation, and are ready to face the questions that will be asked of you in this often confounding process.
What is the value of having a divorce coach?
- In addition to the obvious value of being supported through this stressful process, I am an end-thinking, exit-planning partner you will use to accelerate your process, get organized, prioritize, schedule tasks, and simplify your life.
- I will ensure you do not squander precious resources and engage in no-win battles that escalate conflict, victimize you, and do long-term damage.
- I am the voice of reason and a safe place to work through the complex decision-making that will be demanded of you.
- You will save tens of thousands, for some hundreds of thousands of dollars of the family’s pool of resources by not engaging the fight.
- I am a confidential, collaborative check-in partner who will help you set realistic expectations.
When is the best time to hire you to be my coach?
- The earlier the better for you. Clients often say, “I wish I had known about you in the beginning, before this conflict and the legal fees got so out of hand!”
- I work with men and women from the contemplation stage through divorce and recovery.
Do you help after divorce with co-parenting and other issues?
- Yes! Absolutely!
- Your marriage may not have been for life, but divorce is. Co-parenting is about acknowledging and managing relationships as circumstances continue to evolve.
Are our communications confidential?
- While our conversations are not protected by solicitor/client privilege, it is my practice to honor your privacy. I maintain the standards of privacy and confidentiality with you that I maintained with my clients as an attorney.
What will Divorce Coaching cost me?
- Less than you would think given my legal training and expertise.
- About 95% of divorces settle out of court. The primary difference between those that settle on the courthouse steps and those that work collaboratively to an efficient resolution is the amount of stress everyone endures, the legacy they squander, and the acrimony that remains.
- As a lawyer I would charge $400 per hour; as your coach I only charge a fraction of that and I have several cost conscious options available: http://leavestrong.com/coaching/pricing/
Do you manage people in their workplace and help them maintain their productivity?
- I am a trusted source for referrals to financial experts, lawyers, mediators, therapists, wellness practitioners, and other services that support my clients’ exit, recovery, and renewal.
- My goal is to ensure each of my clients has access to the very best resources available when they need them, so they can discover how to leave strong and thrive after divorce.
Are you a business seeking to enhance or support the health, wealth or happiness of your clients?
- Divorce can be a powerful trigger of fear and anxiety, shame and blame. Paralysis, chaos, illness, conflict, and destructive behavior can occur when a client is not supported through their divorce process. I direct my clients to resources that will de-escalate conflict, empower decision-making, reduce stress, and encourage wellness.
- I help clients extricate themselves in a cost conscious, high integrity, end-thinking manner.
- I gratefully accept referrals and honor each of them with a referral fee: http://leavestrong.com/referral-partner/